80 Day Obsession. Phase 1.
Well, what can I say. This has definitely been life changing so far. In a nutshell, in these 4 weeks I have had more energy, I’m more motivated, I have been twice as productive (if not more), I’m happier, I’m less stressed, I’ve been healthier than ever (avoiding a LOT of illness I’ve been exposed to) and I am so much stronger and able to do things I wasn’t a month ago.
That being said, I lost 3 pounds and 2 inches in 4 weeks. Sounds discouraging right? But did you read what I said above? Read it again. All of that is SO much more important than what I look like on the outside. 2017 was a heck of a year for me and my body was WAY out of control. I can’t expect it to bounce back in 4 weeks what took 2 years to tear down.
Yes. I’m now obsessed with this program.
What I learned:
- Being consistent with my workouts and nutrition has improved my immune system so much! I feel like Wonder Woman!
- I still need to work on my shoulder strength and planks (man, we do a lot of moves in that position!)
- It is 100% okay to modify and you will still be sore the next day. In fact, you will be sore EVERY day!
- Sleep is incredibly important to the way I feel and my mood. I am less sore, happier, less hungry, and am able to push harder during my workouts if I get at least 7 hours of sleep (even better if I get 8!). I have to make that a priority even when people think I’m an old lady. 🙂
- Eating the same thing every day isn’t so bad if you change it up week to week. Makes life easier actually.
What I liked:
- We save a TON of money by planning and portioning out our food. We were spending $250/wk PLUS eating out and this month we’ve only spent on average $150/wk and we are NOT eating out. CRAZY!
- Feeling stronger every day is a huge confidence builder.
- My Recover. Seriously, I CRAVE it after my workouts now. My body craves it. It makes all the difference in my day and my next workout.
- My body has completely adapted to this nutrition plan and I get hungry about 15 minutes before my alarm goes off to eat. CRAZY!
- Doing this program with other people. Not just Dimitri by my side (which I absolutely adore), but sharing the struggles and celebrations daily in our accountability groups and knowing you aren’t the only one who has to modify. Sharing the recipes and meal ideas has also been HUGE to making this easier.
What I didn’t like so much:
- Cardio. It still sucks. I still sweat a lot. And it’s still hard to breathe. But I can tell I’m getting better at it and it feels good to get my heart rate up that much.
- Getting up at 5am every day. Yes, still. I am fine once I have my shake, but when that alarm goes off, I am not jumping out of bed. LOL Maybe in time. But maybe not. I’m okay doing it anyway, I just don’t love it.
- My results. I’m being honest. I wanted jaw dropping inches and progress pics. I got depressed that day actually. But after that day, I realized how much healthier I am overall and how many other things have improved and it got better. (But I’m not giving up until those progress pics blow your mind!)
- I miss wine. I wish I didn’t, but I do. That is all.
What I’m excited about going forward:
- Different workouts in Phase 2! They are harder, yes, but they also are different and use more compound movements, so time goes fast and they keep me on my toes. New sore muscles! YAY!
- Finding more recipes to incorporate into our meal plan. I love finding new combinations that fit each meal’s container combination and then we can add them to our list. We are definitely not bored with food!
- I KNOW I am getting stronger every day and I can’t wait to feel even more like conquering the world at the end of this 80 Days.